A MASSIVE fire engulfed the home of Michael and Margaret Alderman in High Street on the evening of May 18th.
The alarm was raised by Jonathan Hope, but before the emergency services reached the scene neighbours and passers-by sprang into action. Hoses were used from adjacent properties as the volunteers battled in vain to save the cottage.
Five fire appliances attended and continued to douse the flames throughout the night, but by morning the devastation was plain for all to see.
Spread the word
Click the links above to share this post on your social media pages!