- This event has passed.
Monday August 21 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Monday Morning Café are hosting a 3-week block of Forest School sessions at Titchmarsh Church from 9.30-11.30am on the last 3 Mondays of the Summer break.
The sessions are free and open to children of all ages. Children under 5 must be accompanied by a parent/carer.
To register your interest please email MondayMorningCafe@outlook.com and include the name, age and address of children who wish to attend and, if possible, the dates they can attend. We will then email you at the beginning of August to confirm their place. Spaces are limited and priority will be given to children from Titchmarsh.
The sessions will be run by Rachael from the ‘Together for Families’ project. The project is managed by Spurgeons children’s charity and funded by the Diocese of Peterborough.
Here is some important information for you before we start:
- Whilst we are enjoying Forest School, children under 5 are your responsibility and you will need to ensure they stay safe at all times.
- Our sessions take place in the Church grounds. This is common land so please be aware of other people and possibly dogs too.
- There will be a briefing at the start of each session detailing the areas we can use. Please stay within the set area to enjoy our sessions.
- The Monday Morning Café will be open as usual so that we have access to toilets and drinks.
- Activities will be messy so please don’t wear your best clothes!
- Please be aware of weather conditions and bring appropriate clothing and footwear in case of rain / hot weather.
- Forest School runs in all weathers – the only exception being heavy rain or high winds. If that is the case then we will meet in the Church.
- Rachael is a qualified First Aider so can manage any injuries.
- We will be looking at each of our senses during these sessions and this will include taste. Please let Rachael know of any allergies / dietary needs.
- Our final session will include fire. This will be done according to the guidelines set out for the activity and extra safety precautions will be taken.
- Full Risk Assessments have been carried out. If you would like to see a copy of these, please ask.
Observations and reflections will be done during the session and photographs will be taken. If you do not want your child/children to be included in this please let Rachael know.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email MondayMorningCafe@outlook.com and include your phone number so we can call you if necessary.