Sadly the Show Committee has decided that this year’s Show on August 8th 2020 must be cancelled due to the Covid-19 risks. However we have decided instead to have a ‘Micro Show’ with just 4 classes. They are:
1. Best Allotment
All allotments will be judged in July. No entry requirements.
2. The Wheatsheaf’s Tallest Sunflower Competition
Please send Stuart a photo of your sunflower along with your name, the flower’s location and its height either by email to email@example.com, via their Facebook page, or post through his door by the 31st July. This competition is open to all, not just those who purchased seeds from The Wheatsheaf. Stuart will arrange for the judges to come and measure your flower if it is deemed to be one of the taller.
3. Photo/drawing competition
There is only one theme this year, ‘Lockdown’
– Children 6yrs and under .. a drawing or a painting
– Children 7-12yrs .. a drawing or painting
– Teens 13-19yrs .. a photograph [max size A5]
– Adults .. a photograph [max size A5]
Please ensure that your entry has your name, age (‘over 21’ is allowed) and address on the reverse. These can be delivered to a committee member, or they can be left in the designated box in the Village Shop. All entries must be received by 31st July.
4. Heaviest Marrow
No need to enter, just bring your big marrow to the Top Green (opposite the Village Shop) for 2pm on Saturday August 8th for weighing.
• There will be no entry fees this year
• Entries will be judged by our experts and winners will be announced on Titchmarsh Village website, in Titchmarsh Times, in The Wheatsheaf and in the Village Shop
• Prizes, prize cards and trophies will be delivered to winners
• The only spectator opportunity is for the heaviest marrow, observing social distancing rules
• It is hoped that the photos and artwork can be displayed on the Top Green on the 8th August between 2-4pm, weather permitting.
Spread the word
Click the links above to share this post on your social media pages!