A14 junctions 11, 12 and 13 electrical renewal scheme.
This scheme covers the section of the A14 from junction 11 at Cranford through to junction 13 at Thrapston.
What have we been doing?
Since our last bulletin on 3rd October our works have continued on junction 13 of the A14. Our works are still progressing as per our planned programme.
✓ We have cleared away any necessary vegetation to facilitate the works.
✓ We have installed cable ducts, column sleeves, and chambers on the A14 J13 EB Entry slip, WB Exit
slip and we are currently working on the WB Entry slip.
✓ Re-Surfacing and road markings has been installed and completed in nearly all locations around J13
except one remaining location.
During November we will be working on the A605 before moving on to the A45, where we will:
• Continue with clearing any necessary vegetation.
• Install the cable ducts, column sleeves and chambers on the A605 and the cable ducts across the road
on the Western side of the J13 gyratory.
• The above will be repeated for the A45 and for the A14 J13 EB Exit slip.
• We will complete the Re-Surfacing and road markings on the last location around J13.
When will we carry out this work?
To reduce the impact on the travelling public, and for safety reasons, we will carry out this work overnight
between 8pm and 6am Monday to Friday:
• The works will be carried out under a Lane 1 closure on main carriageway with a slip road closure.
Ring management on the J13 gyratory.
• The services at Thrapston Roundabout will have the access roads closed for the installation of Road
What about noise and lighting?
We will keep noise levels as low as possible and will prioritise the noisiest works between 8pm to midnight.
Spread the word
Click the links above to share this post on your social media pages!