Why not have a go at our Village Shop 15th Anniversary fun quiz – it’s free to enter and you will have a chance to win a £15 Village Shop Voucher. We are grateful to Ian Curtis – (the local Titchmarsh history guru) who has crafted the questions for us. Don’t worry if your memories of the shop opening in 2007 are beginning to fade, or if you have moved to the village more recently, as clues for all the questions can be found in and around the village shop. To enter just pick up a quiz sheet from the village shop or download the pdf form at the end of this article. Once you have solved our dodgy picture clues, just drop off your answers to the shop or bring them to our BBQ event on Sunday from 12noon.
Here are the questions, and you can find a few clues attached below to help you on your way…
1. Before he was famous for Gardener’s World and Ground Force, Alan Titchmarsh presented a gardening feature on a lunchtime magazine TV program in Birmingham…What was the name of that program?
2. Whilst in the village, Alan signed copies of his latest book…Was the book called –
(a) The Gardener’s Year or (b) How to be a Gardener?
3. The shop building was originally the Village Fire Station, but what was the charge to attend a fire outside the village?
4. For what purpose was the Tea Garden next to the shop originally used?
5. In September 2007, who were the first two managers of the shop?
6. Who has been the longest serving member of the shop committee?
7. What do you think is the best-selling item in the shop?
8. Who makes our “Fabulous Flapjacks” delivered fresh every Monday?
9. What is the name of the long-serving manager who retired in 2019?
10. There used to be a grocery store in Church Street which closed in 1987…What was the name of this shop?
11. If a First-Class stamp costs 95p today (very reasonable!!), and the price has increased by 180% since September 2007…how much was the stamp in 2007?
12. If Silver is 25 and Gold is 50… What anniversary is 15?
13. What is the name of the shop’s largest supplier?
14. How many volunteers regularly work in the shop? (a) 17 (b) 27 (C) 37
15. What is the hottest Curry in the Meah’s Curry Sauce range? Good luck – and don’t forget to join us on Sunday for our Anniversary celebrations.
Good luck – and don’t forget to join us on Sunday for our Anniversary celebrations.
Download the question sheet below. Print it out and write your answers on it – then return it to the shop!
Click on the images below to see more!