DEFRA [the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs] have advised that as long as social distancing is strictly kept to, not only on the allotment but on the journey from home and back home, there isn’t a problem with people working on their allotments.
It’s official – working on your allotment can be classed as your daily exercise.
- Practise social distancing while travelling to your allotment.
- When arriving at your allotment, wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and warm water or hand sanitizer. Do not touch your face.
- While on your allotment continue to practise social distancing. Do not have communal tea breaks or other gatherings.
- Once you have closed the allotment site gate use hand sanitizer again, if you don’t have any, don’t touch your face or any other surface until you are home again and can wash with warm water and soap.
- On the journey home, continue social distancing and do not use public transport.
- Anyone with COVID-19 or within a house where a patient is, must self-isolate at home and stay away from allotment site.
Click the download below to read the full notice.