With such an extensive road network it is often members of the public who spot faults – like potholes, blocked drains and broken streetlights – before the official highways agencies. This is why they have set-up Street Doctor. Street Doctor is a service where you can report highways problems directly to the agency responsible and they guarantee to inspect it.

How to report a fault

Whether it is a broken drain, a hazardous pavement or another highways faults you can report your problem to the Street Doctor in the following ways.

You can report by simply clicking …..Street Doctor

When you report the fault you will be asked to fill in a few details to help locate your problem. You will then receive a unique reference number which you can use to check the progress of your report.

Telephone Street Doctor:

0300 126 1000

Trained staff will take down your details and will let you know what you can expect to happen next. You can use this local rate number for all general highways enquiries. This is also the best number for highways emergencies.

Write to the Street Doctor:

Street Doctor
Northamptonshire County Council
2nd Floor
John Dryden House
8-10 The Lakes

Visit Street Doctor >>

NB: Village Street Lighting issues should be reported directly to the Parish Council who maintain the lights on behalf of the village.