In this continued lockdown period, many of us are spending more time in the garden and everyone seems to be planting vegetables – we may all be self sufficient by the Summer…! So we have devised an easy competition to raise a substantial amount of money for the Northamptonshire Lord Lieutenancy Emergency Fund – which is now standing at some £40,000. The monies raised will go directly to our NHS, the essential services helping hospitals and patients, and local Food Banks which are so heavily in demand.
Please take part in our veg patch photo competition as follows:
- Send a suggested donation of £10 – or more if you feel like it – to:
If you would rather pay by BACS please let us know and we will send details separately together with a Gift Aid form. Please note that any donation for this great cause will be gratefully received even if you cannot take part in the competition.
- In just under 3 weeks, photograph your veg patch or window boxes / pots.
- Between 6 – 8 May upload one photograph and include your phone number in the photograph if possible to:
This is a FUN competition; whilst veg patches in three weeks time will not be in full swing, we need the funds now in order to keep distributing them and the veg will look better than ever next month.
- Please forward this email to your gardening friends locally, garden societies and any allotment holders you know and ask them to join in. The more funds received, the more monies can be given out.
- The Judges are Ursula Buchan, garden specialist and author, and Lady Legard, creator of the Scampston walled garden in Yorkshire.
- The Judges’ decisions are final; judging will take place by 15 May. Prizes to 5th place in the form of a magnum of champagne (1st prize) and wine.
Please keep safe and healthy as we continue to help those urgently in need, and try to stop the spread of Covid 19.
With very best wishes to you all. Stay safe and well.
James Saunders Watson Esq
Lord-Lieutenant of Northamptonshire