The Titchmarsh Pre-School has reopened again for the children of critical workers and children identified by the Government as eligible to attend an Education Setting. The school will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays only from 9am to 12 noon. For details, call: 07879 072796
Before doing so, however, please consider the following government advice:
Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors outlined below. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home must be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they must be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents must also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They must observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
If your work is critical to the COVID-19 response, or you work in one of the critical sectors listed below, and you cannot keep your child safe at home then your children will be prioritised for education provision: