The Heart of the Community Since 1861
The Clubroom is situated in the High Street opposite the telephone box (which was adopted by the Clubroom committee in 2012) and serves as Titchmarsh’s village hall. It is a registered charity and has an interesting history, being founded and built by The Titchmarsh Benefit Society in 1861.
The Clubroom was totally refurbished in 2004 with the aid of grants received from the Big Lottery Fund, East Northamptonshire Council and Northamptonshire County Council. In 2015 – with the help of grants from WRENN, Northamptonshire County Council, the District Council, Maud Elkington Trust, Garfield Weston Foundation, Bernard Sunley Charitable Foundation and the ‘106’ money related to the building of the affordable housing scheme – an extension to improve the toilet facilities and provide a much needed smaller meeting room was completed. The addition of the meeting room means that the main hall can be used at the same time as meetings take place, making the hire availability more versatile. The meeting room also has facilities for making refreshments.
The Clubroom is home to Titchmarsh Pre-school Monday to Friday during term time and also hosts:
- Folk dancing on Monday 8-9pm 8-10pm 01933 401349 or 01536 514023
- Karate on Tuesday 6- 7pm email@example.com 07714222778
- Clubbercise 7-45pm Facebook @ClubberciseKarina or 07523541543
- Pilates on Wenesdays 7-8 pm ladykhome@hotmail .com 07789773310
- Flower Club 5 Wednesdays a year 7.30 – 9pm firstname.lastname@example.org 01832 734215
- Youth Group alternate Fridays email@example.com Youth Group has a page on this website too for more information.
The Clubroom is available for hire between these times for private parties, meetings, fund raising events, clubs and societies. The premises’ alcohol license can be used at the discretion of the Management Committee or a TEN – Temporary Event Notice – can be applied for. It can comfortably accomadate 120 people sitting or 150 people standing. We have hosted pub nights, numerous quiz nights, village celebratory events such as the Queen’s Jubilee in 2012 – even ferret racing has taken place here! The possibilities are endless! There is wheelchair access and a toilet for the less able.
- Cutlery and crockery for 120 place settings
- Wine and beer glasses
- Eleven large tables that seat 8 max
- Nine small tables that seat 4 max
- 100 chairs
- Domestic gas cooker and hob
- Commercial sized warming cupboard
- Bar area
- Wine fridge
- Wine and beer glasses
- Water boiler and kettle
- Bouncy Castle for childrens parties (£50)
If not required for a booking, tables, chairs, crockery etc can be borrowed by people in Titchmarsh in return for a donation to Clubroom funds. Please liaise with our caretaker and bookings clerk with regard to this. Contact details are below.
|Clubroom||Village Resident||Non-Village Regular Hirer||Non-Village Occasional Hirer|
|Main Hall||£8.00 p/h||£10.00 p/h||£12.00 p/h|
|Meeting Room||£6.00 p/h||£8.00 p/h||£10.00 p/h|
|Both Rooms||£14.00 p/h||£16.00 p/h||£20.00 p/h|
Time required for setting up and clearing away is included in the length of time charged for each hiring.
Regular hire is defined as 4 or more times per year.
To ensure exclusive use of the Clubroom the hirer must hire both rooms.
A copy of the hire agreement can be accessed below.
The Clubroom is managed by a small but perfectly formed Committee of volunteers which includes:
- Chairperson – Geoff Love 07719944790 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice chairperson – Di Ellis
- Treasurer – John Franklin
- Bookings clerk – Cheryl Godfrey email@example.com
- Site management – Paul and Karen Cornwall
The committee meets regularly, usually every month to ensure the smooth running of the Clubroom. An AGM is held, usually in October. This is a public meeting at which a summary of the years events and financial activity is presented, as well as any plans for the future. There is also an opportunity to join the Committee and help in running this valuable village asset. New members, new ideas and new enthusiasm is always welcome!